University: Kettering University - Flint, Michigan
Degree: Bachelors of Science – Mechanical Engineering
Dates of Internship: 2003 – 2008
- Comments about interning at Altair:
- Interning with the Product Design group was a welcomed barrage of new and different challenges.
- How being an intern helped with your schooling:
- Being an intern helped with school by giving me focus and motivation to work through my academic challenges. I found myself working through a difficult subject because I truly wanted to understand it so that someday I could apply my knowledge if I ever needed to.
- How the internship lead to fulltime employment and helped with your transition into the position:
- Any internship will add career experience, which is a huge advantage over other graduates with academic experience only. By the end of my internship, my responsibilities had grown to that of a new graduate hire, so once I was hired the transition was pretty seamless.
- Comments on your current job:
- I enjoy working for an engineering consultant. The broad project task really forces me to draw on all my knowledge from school and experiences from my internship.
- 1 standout quote about internship programs and Altair:
- As an Intern, you are here to learn. The moment that you stop seeing your task as a job and start recognizing it as a step in your career, the better your experience will be.